Dr. Sachedina’s passion for her field has necessitated that she take on other roles such as :
1. She is an Author of an award winning children’s book called Metu and Lee Learn About Breast Cancer.
2. She is a speaker in women’s education to help women understand breast cancer.
3. She is the founder of the charity Metu and Lee Fund that assists families in need when their children are diagnosed with any form of malignancy.
4. Locally, you may have seen her on FOX- 35 news on multiple occasions, or she is frequently heard on Magic 107.7 with Leslye Gayle and Dave Collins.
5. She assists Susan G. Komen in their efforts, and her characters Metu and Lee are now the children’s voice of the Orlando Chapter for the Komen organization.
6. She has been a strong educator for the Jacobson Walk for Awareness that has been involved in breast cancer education for the Girl Scouts of Citrus Council.
Her involvement in various other projects keeps her interest in education, prevention, and treatment of breast cancer on the cutting edge of both breast cancer technology, and treatment.
Dr. S is married to her Husband Aziz since 1996. She is also the mother of a spirited son Aman, and spunky daughter named Aznin. She enjoys writing, scrap booking, reading, music, cooking and photography.